Kaimana Psychology, BA, MACP, Registered Provisional Psychologist/Therapist – Psychologist
I am a registered provisional psychologist in private practice serving clients in and around Calgary Alberta. I offer virtual sessions as well as in person. As your therapist, it is my priority to create a therapeutic atmosphere that promotes growth and positive change for you. I look forward to working with you to addresses your challenges and tackle your therapy goals. Therapy is a process that can move you toward being the healthiest version of yourself and living the life you desire.
I use a variety of different therapeutic modalities to address my client’s unique needs. Many successful treatment plans will integrate techniques and strategies from of the following approaches:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Reprocessing (otherwise known as EMDR)
- Emotionally focused therapy
- Gottman method techniques
- Emotion-focused brief therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Attachment Theory
Additionally, there is a growing body of research that supports the practice of self-compassion and mindfulness in psychotherapy. Neuroscience research reveals individuals that practice these techniques are happier, more resilient, and better equipped to heal painful memories from the past. It is my honor and mission to help my clients move past what’s blocking them from reaching their full potential individually and in their relationships.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Education & Credentials:
- License #: P6529
- License State: Alberta
- Practicing Since: 2021
- Education: Bachelor of Arts with a psychology major at Thompson Rivers University. Master’s in Applied Counselling Psychology from Athabasca University.